Application Documents

Document Download

A complete set of documents (application for admission, resume, expense payment document) necessary for application. Please mail it to the applicant together with the documents of the applicant and the financial supporter. Expenses can be paid only by direct relatives, and documents are only valid within 3 months from the date of submission. The documents vary depending on nationality and payment method, so please be sure to contact the secretariat before applying.

Complete application form (normal version) Complete application form (for Chinese)

Application Secretariat

To Tamagawa International Academy Secretariat

5-15-10 Asakusabashi, Taito-ku, Tokyo Tamagawa International Building
Tel. +81-3-3861-8201
Fax. +81-3-3861-8140


  • Application form (with photos), resume (4 sheets used by the school)
  • 6 photos (3cm x 4cm, name and date of birth written on the back)
  • Original academic diploma, certification report
  • Certificate of enrollment and expected graduation if you are currently in school
  • Report Card
  • Japanese Language Certificate
    • High School Education: Japanese Language Proficiency Exam Level 4, NAT Exam Level 4, or J-Test F Grade Certificate
    • Junior College, University Education: Japanese Language Study time Certificate (more than 200 hours)
  • A copy of your Passport (if you have a history of visiting Japan, a copy of the page with the visa and immigration stamp)
  • Copy of ID
  • A copy of the family register (same as the address listed in the resume, if attached, an explanation is attached on a separate sheet)
  • Copy of passport of relatives in Japan (Parents, Siblings, Spouse, Children, etc.)


  • Expense Reimbursement Form (using our designated form)
  • Relative Notarization (Public Document showing the relationship between the applicant and the financial supporter)
  • Sponsor’s balance certificate (3 million yen or 200,000 RMB or more)
  • Certificate of incumbent in-service, income certificate, tax payment certificate (with income for the past 3 years)
  • Business License (if the sponsor is privately run)

If the sponsor lives in Japan

  • Sponsor’s Certificate of Resident’s record or Residence Card
  • Family Register
  • Deposit Balance Certificate (over 3 million yen)
  • Sponsor’s Certificate of Employment, Income Certificate (withholding slip, etc.)
  • Sponsor’s Tax Payment Certificate with description of the income of the payer
  • Company’s Registration Certificate
  • Company’s Brochure
Page Top